- Meet and assist on arrival at Airport by Simplifly Sri Lanka Representative.
- Transfer from Airport to Waikkal (Approx. 40 Minutes’ drive)
- Check in at the hotel. Rest of the day leisure at the hotel.
- Dinner and Overnight Stay at Suriya Resort (Deluxe Room)
- Breakfast at the hotel and transfer from Waikkal to Habarana.
(Approx. 3 Hrs drive)
- En route visit Dambulla cave Temple.
- Dambulla is part of the cultural triangle and is home to the world famous Dambulla cave temples. The cave temples complex that lies atop a massive hill on the edge of the town is one of the eight UNESCO world heritage sites in the country and is renowned for its unique mural paintings and sculptures. If you are not a history-buff, fret not, because there is more to Dambulla.
- On completion, do a village tour with lunch.
- Make a visit to a village in Sri Lanka. Make a cart ride through the village, rice fields. Later make a short walk (a about 15 minutes) to the tank, to make a boat ride of about 20 minutes to a nearby vegetable field of the village. Enjoy cookery demonstration at local village house.
- Thereafter, proceed to hotel and check in at Cinnamon Lodge
- Dinner and Overnight Stay at Cinnamon Lodge (Superior Room)
- Breakfast at the hotel and leave for Polonnaruwa. (Approx. 1 Hr drive)
- Ancient Kingdom of Polonnaruwa
The island’s medieval capital (built in the 11th and 12th century AD) rose to fame after the decline of Anuradhapura. It is a world heritage site. Many of the ruins are in an excellent condition. Its great artificial lake, the Parakrama Samudra which covers an area of 6,000 acres, feeds a network of irrigation canals and minor tanks. Visit the ruins of the Royal Palace, the Gal Viharaya which has 4 splendid statues of the Buddha in ‘Upright’, ‘Sedentary’ and ‘Recumbent’ postures carved out of rock, the Audience Hall, the Lotus Bath and the statue of King Parakramabahu.
- On completion, transfer to Sigiriya Rock Fortress. (Approx. 1 Hr drive)
- Sigiriya Rock Fortress.
- The marvellous rock fortress of Sigiriya is a rare jewel among the many treasures in Sri Lanka. The site was the domain of King Kashyapa whose aim was to build an impregnable fortress and within it, a heavenly abode. The skeletal layout of the ancient city within the fortress marvels its observers with the grandeur and complexity of 5th century urban-planning of Sri Lanka. On the way to the top one can observe the famous Sigiriya frescoes of the buxom, wasp-waisted maidens bearing flowers, amidst the wilderness and ancient ruins. The smoothly glazed ‘Mirror Wall’ located a few steps away has sealed the expressions of ancient visitors, inspired by the vibrant frescoes.
- On completion, return to hotel.
- Dinner and Overnight Stay at Cinnamon Lodge
- Breakfast at the Cinnamon Lodge.
- In the morning transfer Kandy (Approx. 3 H 30 Mins drive)En route STOP for traditional Sri Lankan lunch at a spice Garden. Lunch will be served at a “Kamatha “(Rice / Paddy trashing ground), learn about spices, how they grow, get some tips on cooking with spices …
Check in at Amaya Hills. Leisure time till evening.
- In the evening visit to The Temple of the Tooth Relic. “Wear White Sarongs / Rap rounds & Carry some Lotus Flowers “to the Temple of the Tooth Relic.
- On completion, witness a Sri Lankan cultural show,
- On completion of the visit, return to hotel.
- Dinner and Overnight Stay at Mahaweli Reach.(Deluxe Room)
- Breakfast at the Hotel.
- Transfer from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya (Approx. 3 Hrs drive)
- En route visit Tea plantation and tea factory.
- Arrived to Nuwara Eliya and proceed for city tour.
On completion, Check in at Araliya Green Hills.
- Rest of the evening leisure at the hotel.
- Dinner and Overnight Stay at Araliya Green Hills. (Deluxe)
- Early in the morning proceed to Horton Plains National Park.
- Discover Horton Plains National Park by foot, A packet of breakfast will be provided during this excursion.
- Horton Plains – ’World’s End” and the beautiful bridal veil ‘Bakers Falls’ Sri Lanka’s highest plateau 7200 ft above sea level in the central mountain country. This ‘Fen” is a very scenic region with an astounding variety of scenery from mountains to grasslands, from marshes to trout streams. Sri Lanka’s best-flavored high grown teas are grown in the surrounding areas. Spectacular view from ‘Worlds End’ where the plateau plunges a thousand feet in a straight sheer drop.
- On completion of the visit, return to hotel,
- Dinner and Overnight Stay at Araliya Green Hills. (Deluxe)
- Breakfast at Araliya Green Hills.
- Proceed to Yala (Approx. 4 Hours driving)
- Check in at Cinnamon Wild.
- Rest of the day spend at leisure.
- Dinner and Overnight Stay at Cinnamon Wild (Jungle Chalet Room)
Early in the morning do a safari at Yala National Park.
Collect the packed breakfast from the hotel and proceed for Yala National Park for morning 4×4 safari.
Yala National Park – Yala National Park is famous for big herds of elephants, large number of leopards, spotted deer, sambar, crocodiles, mongoose, wild boars, wild buffaloes and many other animals. More than 130 bird species have been recorded which include the resident birds and winter visitors. The common birds found here are spot-billed pelicans, cormorants, egrets, spoonbills, herons, storks, ibises, bitterns, Indian moorhens, white-breasted water hens.
On completion of the safari, return to hotel.
Rest of the day spend at leisure.
Dinner and Overnight Stay at Cinnamon Wild
Breakfast at Cinnamon Wild
Proceed to Unawatuna. (Approx. 2 ½ Hrs drive)
Check in at Araliya Beach Resort. Rest of the day relax by the beach.
Dinner and Overnight Stay at Araliya Beach Resort (Deluxe Rooms)
- Breakfast at the hotel. Proceed to Galle city tour.
- Galle Fort
- Visit the Dutch Fort and the city of Galle, which is the south coast’s major city, whose oldest landmark is the massive 17th century Portuguese and Dutch Fort in which the central city is contained. Along the streets, you can see strong Dutch influences in the architecture, along with some old British residences and various mosques with Arabic touches. Galle the port of Galle, thought by some to be the Biblical city of Tar shish, splendidly illustrates the solidity of the Dutch presence in Sri Lanka. The 36-hectare (89 acre) Dutch Fort, built in 1663, has withstood the ravages of time. Its massive ramparts surround the promontory that forms the older part of Galle, and shelters within its wall’s sturdy Dutch houses, museums and churches. This area has a quiet, relaxed atmosphere that seems almost detached from the flow of history.
Rest of the day relax by the beach.
- Dinner and Overnight Stay at Araliya Beach Resort
- Breakfast at Araliya Beach Resort
- Transfer to the Colombo (Approx. 2 ½ Hrs drive)
- Colombo city tour
Colombo is located on the west coast of the island and adjacent to Sri Jayewardenepura Kotte, the capital of Sri Lanka. Colombo is often referred to as the capital of the country, since Sri Jayewardenepura Kotte is a satellite city of Colombo. Colombo is a busy and vibrant city with a mixture of modern life and colonial buildings and ruins and the population of about 752,993 in the city limits. It was formerly the political capital of Sri Lanka, before Sri Jayewardenepura Kotte. Due to its large harbour and its strategic position along the East-West Sea trade routes, Colombo was known to ancient traders 2,000 years ago.
- Check in at the hotel.
- Dinner and Overnight Stay at Cinnamon Lakeside (Superior)
- Breakfast at Cinnamon LakesideTransfer from Colombo to Airport (Approx. 40 Minutes’ drive)